Here are 10 apps to consider adding to your smartphone or tablet to help in your daily growth.
1. The You Version Bible App – Of course you need to start with a Bible app, but which one? The You Version Bible App is on top of the list because of so many features, including multiple translations, languages, daily reading plans, and more. But perhaps the best feature is the ability to have the app read scripture to you. Free.
2. Logos Bible Software- Logos Bible Software gives you the power of an entire research library wherever you are. If you haven't purchased the Logos software you can still do Hebrew and Greek studies and read the Bible for free. However, if you use Logos software, this app will sync with your entire book library. Free.
3. Fighter Verses – This app was created to help believers persevere by helping them memorize God’s Word. Designed for children through adults, the app allows individuals or groups to memorize and review at their own pace. $2.99
4. Bible Study with Accordance - This comprehensive app offers you quite a few tools for those desiring to study the Bible. It includes the entire Bible in the English Standard Version, along with a Bible dictionary, Greek and Hebrew reference books, and more. If you need help breaking down a verse or a passage and want a quick reference in the palm of your hand. Free.
5. Prayer Notebook - This is a great, easy-to-use app for helping you keep up with the people you are praying for. You can categorize your prayer list into friends, family, church, missions, answered, unanswered, etc. and you can schedule prayer requests to recur as often as you want them. Lite version is free, full version is $1.99.
6. Prayer Calendar (Voice of the Martyrs) - This Prayer Calendar from Voice of the Martyrs is an excellent way to keep the requests of persecuted believers from around the world before us every day. Updated daily with news and requests, this is a great way for an individual or family to make prayer a priority. Free.
7. Feedly - Feedly is an RSS reader, and allows you to subscribe to all the posts from your favorite blogs, news sites, feeds, or YouTube channels. Take advantage of the great free content some of the best minds on the Internet are producing every day, and have it organized and pushed directly to your phone or tablet. Free.
8. Day One Journal - Day One has won various app awards for being the best app for journaling. If you are not into journaling, consider using Day One for recording prayer requests. It’s a great way to collect thoughts and organize them into a journal for reflection. $4.99.
9. Downcast - The best podcast listener out there! If you want to grow as a believer, listen to free podcasts from your favorite preachers. It automatically syncs across your iPad and iPhone. The best feature is the ability to speed up pod-casts and listen to complete sermons in half of the time. $2.99.
10. Two Ways to Live – A great evangelistic tool to help in sharing the gospel message. This presentation gives the story of the gospel in the context of the overarching story of the Bible. Free.
Bonus App Suggestions: Our Daily Bread (Free), CCEL Bible (has free downloadable devotions), PocketSword (Powerful Bible App - Free) Daily Streams - Devotional App based on the Devotional Book (Free), Sermonaudio and OnePlace - Both great apps to find and listen to good sermons. (Free)